Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Heart "sings"

"My heart will sing no other name, Jesus Jesus" hearing that again the other day at church got me thinking. It has been on my mind a bit lately. I think I get in trouble with my heart "singing" to something else other than God. It has been alcohol, popularity and a variety of other objects I have given myself to.
I think part of this has been reading through Hebrews for quiet time and possible use for Koinonia during fall. It is the supremacy of Christ that the writer of Hebrews extolls and challenges us the reader to truly believe. I think that what we give our "song" to defines who we believe is supreme in our life,much more clearly than our words ever could.
I am learning more and more that actions truly do speak louder than any word ever could. Mainly because I can say what other people need to hear or I think what they want to hear. But actions put a whole new meaning to those words.
Just a thought I have been thinking through and will continue to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment