Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

Ah, the blissful time of the holidays with the rush and fuss that we seem to all go through. I like Thanksgiving, it is a good stoppage point in the year and take some time to reflect on God's blessings on me and my family,friends...during the year.
I am thankful for the friends and family that God has blessed me with, they help me,remind me of Who He is in my life on a daily basis. I think God brings and takes people in and out of our lives for a very specific reason or reasons.
I am also am thankful for the opportunities that God presents for me on a daily basis, to share him with people that either have forgotten Him or don't know Him at all. People may forget/ignore God but that doesn't mean God has forgotten them.
Thankful that I go to a great church, to serve at, help at, learn from people around me, to see what God is doing in people's lives. I have learned so much, helping lead our midweek Bible study about God, what people's ideas of what God is saying others, both to them and to me.
I am learning both from my own feelings and attitudes, of how I can choose to be thankful for the life God has given me or allow those same feelings and attitudes to rule me and possibly lead me into bitterness, as I see on a daily basis in the lives of people around me.
Thankfulness hopefully lasts longer than one day, to be lived out daily, as a gift to the Lord and a example before the world around us, who probably doesn't have the same view on life as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment