Monday, February 15, 2010

Random thoughts...what's new?!? haha

Well went to church with my sister and brother in law and two adorable nieces. My brother in law, who kinda had no interest in church a few years ago, was raving bout how great the pastor and worship time was. The service was well done and can see the appeal that the church has for them. I go to Houston's First Baptist Church, who you can follow at @Houstonsfirst or go to site: houstonsfirst.org. Was pleased that all of my sister's family has found a church they enjoy and can relate and grow in. Think that God can do all things, sometimes it is not in our time or the way we expect, but that's what makes Him God.

God works in our lives when we are His followers, in ways we don't see or expect. Sometimes it is in huge and dramatic ways, sometimes almost completely behind the scenes. Still He works. I have learned the hard way to never put a time table or limit on what God is doing or going to do. He is just not someone to put in a box or label.

Labeling those around us sometimes works and is ok with them, but just doesn't fly with God, purely because He is so much greater than anything we can imagine or even begin to describe. So I do the best I can in describing Him but know that it falls completely short of Who He truly is.

I know that His work in my life is not done or complete, for the fact I am not perfect or anywhere He desires me to be. I sometimes wish He would pick up the pace or finish up already, but He quietly says no, you are right where I want you to be, so be satisfied and allow me to shape your heart mind and soul into a clear image of Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment