Saturday, August 28, 2010

Touching off a firestorm,by accident...

Evidently I touched off a firestorm, the other day, when I was chatting with: www.twitter.com/SophiaBush from a variety of Muslim/Islamic faith type of people. Wow such passion and interest regarding my views on mosque/community center that could be built on Twin Towers site in NYC. Again I will state my views, I think it is disrespectful/in poor taste, to build a building that has become associated, right or wrong with the Muslim faith, through the hijacking of the faith, by terrorists. This seems to touch too close to home, for myself and a large amount of people who live here in a the United States of America, ms. Bush pointed out that this is America, land of religious freedom, which is incorrect, as demonstrated by more and more Christian symbols and the faith itself, being not allowed into public schools, whereas Muslim faith is being more and more accepted and expected within public domain. Should Islamic faith be considered or given special consideration simply to be "politically correct?" Categorically not, nor should Christianity,of which I belong to, and am active in sharing my faith. Exclusion of faith, any faith, changes the dynamic of "religious freedom" Yes, there will always be those of the extreme nature who take a faith and distort it to their own personal uses.

To those "Christians" "Muslims" ...whoever takes a faith and uses it to their own ends, you will be found out and exposed for what you are. In this life or the next.

I am not anti-muslim or racist or whatever, fun and descriptive name chosen for my views, nor a "hater" which no one seems to be able to apply or correctly use, even that race that quote/unquote came up with the phrase to begin with. I am pro-Christian and a follower of Christ, I am not perfect, nor is any follower of Christ, but am attempting to become closer to the image of Christ and what He desires for me to be. I will not back down or be "Politically correct" another curious phrase, a phrase used to demonstate universal acceptance and sit around pretending to accept everyone and be all-inclusive to the point of ad nauseum. There has never been anyone accepted by everyone and the attempt is futile and the time would be better used in trying to make a difference in the world we live in and not placating everyone's feelings...

Hope my views are better understood, twitter is great but there are times for sharing beyond the "140 characters" and unpacking thoughts so as to not be misunderstood or misquoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment