Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stronger,seems to be based in/on Book of Romans

Anyone who knows me knows I love the song #Stronger by www.twitter.com/hillsong and feel that it has the book of Romans woven all through it and since that is the book I'm helping lead,then I am relating to it even more than usual, first noticed the song, primarily because prior to leading study, I was doing quiet time on the book,not knowing I would be asked to lead a study on it for my sunday school class: http://nightlightbiblestudy.blinkweb.com which you all can check out if you are in Houston or planning on being here anytime soon.
Meanwhile back at the ranch,haha,love working in ridiculous and irrelevant phrases into a blog or conversation! I fell in love with "Stronger" and the words resonated with my soul "You are stronger,You are stronger, Sin is broken, You have saved me, It is written, Christ is risen. Jesus, You are Lord of All."
Think that chorus resonated with me so strongly, since I daily struggle with feeling like much I have done in my extremely checkered past and how it affects my future. I have made a vow to make as big a difference for God equal to or exceeding how much I'm well-known in bars,clubs and shady dives across the city of Houston, and that is a HUGE task! I gave myself over to a life fairly well separated from God and His influence on my life for such a long time.
" so let Your Name be lifted higher,be lifted higher,be lifted higher,be lifter higher." it is Jesus' name that we are called to lift up,not our own. I forgot that for such a long time and allowed my name, my reputation as the "party/good time guy" become what was important and what mattered most to me!
"There is Love that came for us, humbled to the sinner's cross,broke my shame and sinfulness, rose again victorious." Jesus came and is here for you and I anytime we ask. Think on that,let it percolate and simmer in your soul and being. It is NEVER about us and what we bring to the relationship with our Savior. It is Christ that is breaking my shame and sinfulness. The One paying the price set down for us is not us, but only the Perfect and Sinless Christ. So ends my sermon for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment