Monday, October 11, 2010

Our call on our life from God...

Kinda continuing the thought from last blog, that ultimately our call is to "glorify God and enjoy Him forever" to quote the Westminster Catechism. Anything else or anyone else that gets in the way, is quite simply not our call. Now there are causes and areas that call for us to support and bring attention to, but those should never become our chief end or supplant God in who we glorify or pay attention to.

As I stated before, in my discussion with @SophiaBush on twitter, I bought into making a cause my chief concern, instead of bringing God glory and bringing people who did not have a saving relationship with Him, to Him to learn Who He is. May I never forget that lesson. Causes are great and can help the world be a better place, but that is not the end goal or endgame for God, relationship with Him is the call on His follower's lives.

I continue to be convicted, on so many levels, that I need to invite more people to church, to at the very least, extend the invitation. So, as in lots of areas, am beginning to keep a list, to help remind me of who I have invited and need to invite to church. As I have reminded other people and evidently need the same reminder...the real worst a person can do in our country is say no thank you, when invited to church, or think you are weird, in goign to church, so why do we here in America, who profess to be Christians, shirk our responsibilites to share the "Good News" with those around us?!? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment