Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Looking back at a blessed year

Yes I said blessed year, because this year came from the Lord. Truly it did, for myself and everyone on this wonderful planet. Now we need to learn to live out our days like the days are being done for the Lord, because in truth the days are being lived for the Lord.

My year started out with me living out of a hotel and some on the street yet ends with me staying with a friend who has been gracious beyond belief.

I will have a job with Express clothing again after the start of the new year and for that I am grateful, the Lord allows some difficulties to enter into all our lives, yet He also carries us through them. Never forget that. I have learned so much about God and my relationship with Him this year. The song "Stronger" by @hillsong kind of is like a musical example of how my year went a bit, about God being "Stronger, You are stronger. Sin is broken, You have saved me. It is written, Christ is risen. Jesus You are Lord of All."

I have had an extraordinary Sunday School class, yes still call it a sunday school class, despite the church's changing it to "Sunday Bible Studies" a few years back. Bottomline, the class is made up of, of just amazing individuals, who will continue to change the world. I will have the privilege of helping faciltate and teach our Midweek Bible Study this Spring. What an honor and privilege indeed!!!

Will ask the church I go to: www.HoustonsFirst.org on what kind of apologetics we are teaching to our high schoolers specifically the juniors and seniors as they prepare to enter the warzone that is college. Also hope to challenge our class to reach out in a get-to-know other classes time, so we are not meeting people for first time in times of service, such as at "Houston Project" and we already have a basis to build on. Not sure how to go about doing that, but will chat with outgoing director of our class.

That's all for now, but keep looking for more as the year winds to a close...

No comments:

Post a Comment