Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Things I learned/applied in 2010

First off want to thank my friend ( who I wish was more than a friend) Miss Jessica , who I would say in my eyes is the most beautiful woman alive. She has challenged my faith, my belief system and caused me to desire to grow even more as a believer in Christ and as a man, more than probably ever before.

I read and have had the pleasure of applying a book, which I highly recommend, "Beyond Belief" which is a compilation put together by Ravi Zacharias, of different authors and speakers on the topic of apologetics, which quite simply the defense of the Bible. The book deals with different groups who attack and belittle the Bible, and how to answer their attacks and doubts. As soon as I started reading the book, I got the opportunity to start applying the principals presented. While it was a bit scary, and overwhelming at first, once I saw that God was preparing me and using me to reach people, who may not be reached by others, I became eager to be used and ready to share my thoughts with these people.

I also learned from Jessica specifically that we are given opportunities to share God in a veriety of ways and means that God has specifically equipped us for. Now if we choose to not share God, then He will still reach those people, but we may have passed over the chance to grow the way the Lord wants us to or delay the sharing of Good News with the people God is trying to reach. I think I was kind of blase or calloused to the thought of sharing God with people. I suspect I kind of passed the buck and assumed that the people would be reached regardless of whether I did anything or not.

I also learned the power of prayer in a person's life, again from Jessica, by her allowing me the privilege of praying for her and stuff she is going through. I again, don't think I ever took prayer as seriously as I did, as when a woman I care deeply about, asked me to pray for her. I was affected enough by her, through the Lord's help, to wake up on several days, very early and often, to pray for her and her well-being. I have not missed a day since she has asked me to pray. I cannot ever name a time when I have consistently prayed for someone and not given up or forgotten, until Jessica asked me to pray. For that I am deeply indebted to her. A great deal of my spiritual growth can directed correlated or was caused by her. I think I have grown more spiritually this year than ever before, possibly more than all the other years put together.

I saw that God provides, even when we don't think it is possible, specifically in my own life and being on the street and then the "Night Light" class at http://www.houstonsfirst.org/ reaching out in love and helping me get off the streets. God is always ready to reach out and love us, we just need to get out of the way and accept it!

This is is part one of possibly many "What I learned..." Stay tuned for more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment