Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thoughts going into a new year...

Finished reading "Radical" by David Platt, which was a very good and challenging book. Disagreed with him on a few minor issues, possibly in the way he phrased some thoughts. I recommend the book but only if you are willing to change or more accurately be changed by the book.

My one resolution for this coming year is simply this, though when you think about what the resolution is it's not so simple, that I would continue to grow more in the likeness and less in the likeness of the world around me.

I thought of this resolution the other day and found it to be challenging and attainable yet only through keeping God foremost in my sight and not letting anything slip in between myself and Him. This seems to be done by vigilance and watchfulness of my position to God. It is very easy to allow little areas to grow further from Christ and His call on my life.

Another thought going into the new year is I will continue to cultivate relationships both with my fellow followers of Christ and even more importantly with those who are not in a relationship with Christ yet and look for opprtunities to share Him through invitations to my church: www.houstonsfirst.org and events related to the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment