Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life is what it is...I guess,haha

Had some random thoughts rolling around in my head, things that have been posed to me either in a lesson in Sunday School, go to two of them, so can't necessarily remember which lesson had which illustration. Or I got this thought from the lesson in "Big Church" which always makes me laugh when someone says that.

One thought that has occurred to me, regarding Jesus and His teaching. He always seemed to teach for quality over quantity in how He approached the people He was with. As humans and especially as Americans we seem to value quantity over quality approach in how we deal with life and what we seek in life. When did that become the most important thing we seek out of life? Hmmm, I guess it was when we became such a consumer-driven people that accepted the mentality presented to us, but that is just my thoughts. Jesus said I have some specific areas I want you to learn and learn well. He seemed to understand, the axiom of "learn a few things and learn them well" rather than throw a bunch of ideas out and hoped some would stick as much of our teaching is prone to do.

Another thought that occurred to me was Jesus also had both teachable moments and challenges to the religious authority's way of thinking in His answers He gave to His disciples and the religious leader's questions.

Not sure where I am going with this or if I'm even going anywhere, just throwing out a few thoughts that I thought of from this weekend. I guess one other had came to mind, in regards to the NFL playoffs this weekend. Just because one strategy worked against one team and worked for you to get your team into the next round of the playoffs, does not guarantee success the following weekend. Also the experts are correct on occasion, but rarely right on what worked and succeeded for a team. By this I mean, the experts might be correct on a team winning, but their predictions are rarely right on what worked for the team. The team, what they do to win, and the adjustments the team does as soon as right before game starts causes all predictions to go flying out the window. I think that this is true in life. Just because one thing worked for you one day, one week...doesn't guarantee that it will the next, life is full of changes and we need to be changing too or we will become irrelevant or just passed by in the game of life. Hope you got something out of this, will try to be a bit more cohesive in my thought process in my next blog. Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment