Saturday, January 9, 2010

What I learned part two and more random thoughts

This is kinda a continuation of yesterday's "What I learned last yr" and some more random thoughts. Someone asked me, since I am in Houston, which is somewhat University of Texas country, if I thought UT got robbed the other night in the title game. Will talk about that too.

Another thing I learned last yr is, life alone is not really life, but maybe just survival. By this I mean, I am very comfortable doing activities alone or by myself. Probably a bit too much, so toward the end of last year, got into a sunday school class at my church Houston's First Baptist Church or @Houstonsfirst on twitter for my twitter readers. This gave me and the girl I go out with some opportunities to get connected with other people and hang out together without any kind of pressure or expectations. Life seems to be at least a little bit seems to be about us developing friendships and relationships with those around us, at church or anywhere we are and sharing our lives, experiences and difficulties together. Now, living life alone is an option, but we as humans seem to be social creatures, and to ignore that almost seems to go against the way we are created.

We give as good as we get, is not true, going either way, giving or getting...we should always give our best, even knowing that we may not get the best or get anything back at all. Still knowing this, give our all, and let God work out the rest. At least we know, we didn't hold back or shortchange someone. Life lived in 1st or 2nd gear is nice, cautious, predictable, but going all out and cranking it up probably is the way we were called to live.

Now to question I was asked, I think UT robbed itself of opportunity to win national championship, by playing Colt McCoy almost exclusively throughout season, and sacrificing experience for backup in order to pad Colt McCoy's stats for Heisman trophy consideration. I said in one of my blogs early on in season that neither Colt nor Sam Bradford nor Tim Teabow would win Heisman. There was plenty of time during season for this "national powerhouse" to play the true freshman Garrett Gilbert when team had blownout their opponent, yet they only got him chance to play enough during season to account for 124 yards?!? No one to blame but yourselves UT, when Mark Ingram wasn't playing during game, Alabama still had a player to step right in and produce for them, hmmm. Yes, qb position is harder to play then running back, but with a bunch of unranked and low-rated teams that UT uses to pad schedule, plenty of time to get playing time for young mister Gilbert, so that his first significant playing time wasn't on the biggest stage of all: national championship game, hmmm. So, play your backup quarterback enough during season, so that he is not thrown into fire with no experience but is ready to contribute. Also, noticed a trend, Linas Sweed is playing for my Steelers and drops alot of passes and the "star receivers" for UT were all dropping passes the other night. Sweed is a former UT player and now other receivers both in NFL and current Longhorn players are dropping passes,hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment