Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Homeless and hopeless in Houston

Well decided to do this blog, ever so reluctantly, while walking out of the downtown area in Houston. Why was I walking and not riding in car or bus, you ask? No money to do either. So I was walking up to an area that is less frequented by homeless and less likely to disturb me or whatever. I don't have a job,no place to stay and feeling of hopelessness is there, but still I press on, for the fellow followers of Christ, they say it's God's strength carrying me, but I say different. It is my strength carrying me along. Having gone hungry for last 4 days I see no sign of God in the equation at all. He seems to have deserted me, which upon reflection, is fine by me.

I write this blog, kind of as a last will and testament, since death is inevitable with me having rheumatoid arthritis thus weakening the immune system, further without food and limited access to water, death seems to be coming sooner rather than later. Which is equally fine.

Have I accomplished all I have set out to do? No, but no one ever does and what I have done, I have done well. Made an impact in lives beyond my own. And really that is all we can ask for.

Remember we are only given one life, possibly with several do-overs, by that I mean second chances, not re-incarnation. Use the life that you are given, don't let it use you. "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

No comments:

Post a Comment