Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Why I'm obsessing on Boston's song "I Need Your Love"

My blog is on...wait for it...wait for it... the rock band, hard rock, progressive rock, this is how wikipedia described them: Boston. And their song "I Need Your Love." Now if you have been with me since early yesterday 5/17/2010, you noticed I started chatting non-stop about this song and group. Probably to the point, you all were like alright SHUT UP about Boston and their wonderful song: "I Need Your Love" already!!!
I think possibly I'm obsessing on it, since it takes me back a more stable less frentic less rushed time in my life. Kinda comfort song for the soul, as it were. The song is a sad song of goodbye to a girl that a guy is realizing is gone. But the music is complex and beautifully placed. A challenge to keep up with. The song is a relative newer one, compared to the one's I know from 70's and 80's, but is in same vein that put Boston on the map alongside Aerosmith.
"I Need Your Love. I want you everyway. I need your love. Can't help this feeling coming back everyday." See just a classic chorus that will have you singing along!!!
I am hoping this song will knock me out of my current funk and help me get my rear in gear. A recharged optimism as it were. Funny how a song takes on a life of it's own to each one of the listeners, and how it might be different for them each time they listen. What a power musicians have and responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment